Julian NICOSIA is a choreographer.
Born in Saint-Etienne France in 1989. Julian studied at the
Conservatoire National Supérieur de Musique et de Danse de Lyon
from 2006 to 2010.
As a dancer he began his career at the Ballet de l’Opéra de Lyon
in 2010 under the artistic direction of Yorgos Loukos. During five
years in the company, Julian performed in and created works for
the most notables choreographer including William Forsythe, Jiri
Kylian, Mats EK, Trisha Brown, Ohad Naharin, Anne Teresa De
Keersmaeker, Maguy Marin among others.
In 2015, he began to dance for the choreographer Jacopo Godani
in Frankfurt am Main. Two years later, he began as his
choreographic assistant as well as to reset his pieces
in prestigious company.
As a choreographer, Julian has already created multiples work
around the world.
– « How long is now » for the Dresden Frankfurt Dance Company.
– « LESLI » filmed at the Beyeler Foundation
– « DUSK » Film with Zoé Lenzi
– « Eyes for Hands » for Maria Kochetkova and Sebastian Kloborg.
– « Unspoken Thoughts » for the CNSMDP Paris.
– New creation coming up for Ines Mcintosh and Jack Gasztowtt
– New creation coming up in Mexico (full evening)
– New creation coming up in Lyon (France)